Advanced Manuscript Workshop 2019-2020
September 30, 2019 - June 1, 2020$539
This long-form workshop is for writers who have a book-length draft that’s completed or nearly completed and need peer readers and a mentor to provide specific feedback to help you hone, refine, and tighten it for publication.
Over the course of the three sessions, a select group of writers will give and receive critique on between 250-300 pages of manuscript, plus have the opportunity to submit pages revised during the workshop for additional feedback and critique.
Participants can expect to receive feedback on an entire manuscript from a dedicated peer group designed to help each author hone, refine, and tighten their work for publication. Individual coaching sessions with a One Lit Place editor can be booked at a 20% discounted rate during the workshop and for six months following the workshop.
- The advanced manuscript workshop meets in a dedicated and secure online classroom where writers meet, chat, and post their work 24/7. Participants receive a schedule and an infrastructure to enable each writer to submit and discuss their work, pose questions, and articulate any concerns about the work’s development.
- Secure unlimited video chat is available for live conversation and break-out conversation and additional workshopping.
- Each week writers meet over video chat with the group’s mentor to receive spot consultation on pages, ask questions and get support.
- Additional time may be booked with the mentor or another requested editor for additional manuscript review and editing at a 20% discount (during the workshop and for six months following).
The workshop meets from late September 2019 – June 2020 (Dates TBD)
- Initial planning meeting end Sept.
- Fall Session: early October – mid December
- Winter Session: Jan. – March
- Spring Session: March – early June
Preparing a manuscript for publication is a difficult job that is greatly benefitted by a smart peer group of readers who can give advice and feedback, brainstorm ideas, and help the writer see trouble spots and gaps in the plot, characters, and any other areas of the work. Our independent study advanced manuscript workshop provides a secure forum for smart, engaged writers to work on their own projects and hone their editorial acumen by helping their peers, receive specific mentoring and support, and the opportunity to revise and prepare a full manuscript for publication.
Advanced manuscript workshop mentor: Jenna Kalinsky